Friday, December 10, 2010

As we age, we get wiser....right?

December 10 – Wisdom Wisdom. What was the wisest decision you made this year, and how did it play out? (Author: Susannah Conway)

 I decided not to settle. Ever. One thing I pride myself upon is the fact that I know myself pretty well. As funny as that sounds, it is surprising how many people don't really know who they are. Over the last couple of months reflection has been a good friend of mine. I am not currently dating anyone, so I tend to get lonely from time to time. When I get lonely, I tend to lower my standards for the companionship that I long to have. After a while, things get old and being disappointed all the time just doesn't cut it for anyone. I now have this belief:

When you realize how much you are worth, it is very hard to settle for less.

Believing this statement and learning/appreciating my worth was the best decision I've made all year. I feel that it has served me well. I don't get disappointed as often and after realizing my own self worth, I have gain a little more confidence; and that's a pretty sweet outcome don't ya think?

1 comment:

  1. I can really relate to the things you shared in the entry.
    I think we women often forget just how wonderful we are - we carry too much worry and guilt for others and don't spend the time we should pampering ourselves.

    Don't forget that you are worth it!
    And I'm with ya - I'll never settle!

    ~Lee-Anne

    ReplyDelete