Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Community

December 7 – Community. Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011? (Author: Cali Harris)

    I have discovered community in three different places this year:

1) Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity. I have been a part of this organization since Spring of '06. I have had my ups and down with my chapter, but the organization as a whole is filled with some of the most amazing people I have ever met. Even though we are scattered all over the country, it is an amazing thing when we all get together. I am truly proud to call these people my brothers.

2) The Aquarian Bookshop This is where I go for psychic festivals, workshops, and reading. I have encountered so many different people while browsing in this shop. They all offer a different take on life and are always more than happy to help me on my journey to understand the world around me. Also there are people who work there who are truly caring about the people who walk through the door. They check up on check up on how my card reading is going and life is in general. They're a fun group of people (plus they're psychic) :) .

3) Karaoke You meet interesting people in bars. You also come across people you would never want to meet again, but for the most part the people I have met during karaoke have been all really cool. They range from people who sing every week, the KJs, or people who just simply take pleasure in other peoples abilities ( or lack of) to sing.

A community I would like to be more connected with is the Music Therapy community. Music therapy is what I want to do as a career and I would love to learn more and connect more with people who are out in the field. Also, I'd like to be more connected with more people in Richmond.

No comments:

Post a Comment