Tuesday, December 28, 2010

What do I want out of the new year?

December 28 – Achieve
What’s the thing you most want to achieve next year? How do you imagine you’ll feel when you get it? Free? Happy? Complete? Blissful? Write that feeling down. Then, brainstorm 10 things you can do, or 10 new thoughts you can think, in order to experience that feeling today.

Goals. We all talk about it. All we want in life is to achieve them. Some of us kind of saunter through for a while a little aimless, until we find what it is that we want to achieve. Since I graduated, everyone wants to know what I want out of life, what I want to do for the rest of my life, or something that sounds similar to the prior two. I know what I want as a career, but not really the time line to get from point A to point B. Whats the ONE thing that I want to do in 2011?  Well, here it is:

I want to record my voice over demo and break into the business.

How will I feel once I achieve this? Happy, accomplished, and even more happy. This is something I've wanted since September, and I'm looking to get it done as soon as I get the money to do so. What are 10 things I can do to experience that feeling?

1) Enjoy life a little more, especially now that I've graduated.

2) Start a "voice over demo" fund. This will help me actually get there

3) Get the most out of my trip to vegas ( which is in 6 days!!)

4) Make a To Do List for 2011 and actually do them.

5) Remind myself that people want me to succeed.

6) Practice.

7) Tell myself that this will be done and I will get work.

8) Believing I can actually do this

9) Talk to more people in the voice over industry and hear their feedback

10) Visualize that I recorded my demo.

I will probably make another post for my To Do in 2011 at some point. Hopefully today...but yeah, this is what I want out of the new year. I am excited that I kinda fell into voice over, so hopefully it will serve me well.

No comments:

Post a Comment