Thursday, December 23, 2010

Do or Do not; there is no try....or is there?

December 18 – Try What do you want to try next year? Is there something you wanted to try in 2010? What happened when you did / didn’t go for it? (Author: Kaileen Elise)

Something I want to try next year is something called cupping. It where glass or plastic bell shaped cups are placed on an area of your skin, such as your back, and a vacuum sucks the air out of the cups. Its a form or relaxation or detoxing...Think of it as acupuncture without all the needles. I think it would be a cool thing to experience. I havent done too much research on it, but I have talked to people who have gotten it done, and they all love it.

Something I tried in 2010 was attending an open casting call for a radio commercial. I randomly saw it on twitter. It was for the state fair, so I signed up and got there right after work over the summer. I was so nervous since quite a few people have stated that they have had prior training. Some had already done voice overs before, other have taken classes on how to get into the voice over industry. I had never recorded in a studio before, so everything was very new to me, yet very exciting. They called into the studio four at a time and had us read through a script. I had done read through and the people record seemed very pleased. I walked away feeling really good and just so excited about what had just took place. We weren't going to find out if we made the cut until the commercials actually started airing on the radio.
Sept 1st came around, and my roommate informs me that she swore she heard my voice on the radio. I had not been informed yet via e-mail if I had made the cut. A day passes and still no word. Later on that day I finally get an e-mail saying I had made the cut and that a clip was on its way to my in box. I also got to hear myself on the radio a couple of times and friends text me when they heard me while they were driving around. It definitely was one of the coolest moments of 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment