Friday, December 31, 2010

So what am I trying to say?

December 31 – Core Story What central story is at the core of you, and how do you share it with the world? (Bonus: Consider your reflections from this month. Look through them to discover a thread you may not have noticed until today.) 

When I first saw this prompt, I thought it would be really difficult to really find out what my core story is. I was thinking "oh, I'm only 23, I don't have one yet. I'm still trying to find out what I still want out of life." Then I thought about all my posts from the last month and my core story became clear.
My central story is about knowing yourself. This year has been full of learning about the person who should mean the most to me: me. No matter how many people come in and out of your life, you go to bed with yourself every night. Who would want to share a bed with a stranger? I feel that getting to know yourself and discovering who you are brings out a whole other side to you. A new self confidence takes over because you are more in tune with your wants and needs. A new awareness of yourself worth allows you to never settle for less and strut the streets like you know what you're doing - even though you may not have a clue. You leave your baggage and hang ups at the door and just step into a new you.
Working on who you are has been something that I have been doing since 2010 started and it really has made me into the person I want to be. I mean, we all have times where our self confidence is not exceptionally high, but knowing YOU allows to become a lot more resilient in my opinion. I purposefully stopped being interested in a romantic relationship to really gain a better sense of self and to learn that I don't need a relationship or a significant other in order to feel complete; all I need is myself and the support of my friends and family.
How do I share this with the world? By simply loving myself and being confident. When you respect yourself and carry yourself in a way that makes you happy, people notice. You may not think so, but they do. I was talking to a friend the other day and she stated that I can look good in just about anything because I have the confidence to pull it off. I disagreed, but maybe she has a point. If you think you look good, you DO look good (unless you're in jeggings; just kidding). Also giving advice when people ask for it. I tell them the story of my journey and how its really put a spin on my life for the better.

So the moral of the story is as follow: Know thyself. Get to know yourself, but also remember there is ALWAYS room for improvement. It'll make you happier, but if it doesn't, change it; make it for the better, and the new year is the perfect time to do so.


So hats off to 2010, and here's to whats to come in 2011.

Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment