Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Letting Go.

December 5 – Let Go. What (or whom) did you let go of this year? Why? (Author: Alice Bradley)

The one thing I let go of this year ( or at least attempt to) was DRAMA and anything/anyone associated with it.  In the last year I have become far  more particular about who I surround myself with. Being in a small department within my university, I learned that news travels REAL fast. I was tired of people who would praise me to my face and then turn around and say otherwise. Some may think of me as judgmental, but I like to think it as that I can read people fairly well. There are just some people who claim to be friends but you can only be called a whore so many times by a friend to realize they are not. Also I have noticed that I have a hard time being nice to people I get bad vibes from, so I try to avoid them at all costs. 

So why have I let go of DRAMA? Easy. My life is less stressful and instead of helping people through all the drama in their life, I get to focus on working on myself and my problems. Don't get me wrong, I am there for my friends when they need me, I'm just tired of problems that start like " did you hear....?" No. I didn't. I prefer it that way.

2 comments:

  1. Letting go of drama is a great choice. :) I'm glad you see the benefits.

    ReplyDelete