Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Make

December 6 – Make. What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it? (Author: Gretchen Rubin)

 The last thing I made was music. I had to play for a fraternity thing this past Saturday. I like to just play around with the piano,  but I barely actually perform. Even though it was just background music, we were in dimly lit quarters, so reading sheet music was not an option. I had to go off the top of my head.

There are always songs I tend to quote when I'm playing: astronaut by amanda palmer, existentialism on prom night by straylight run, and I want you, but I dont need you covered by amanda palmer. This time around I incorporated a couple other songs that I've learned from church. I messed up a coupl eof times, but no one noticed, which is always awesome.

Something I want to make time to make is a watercolor painting using bamboo brushes. I have a whole kit and simply have not had the time to sit down and paint. I miss painting quite a bit.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, that's awesome! I thought you said you didn't play stuff off the top of your head much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont. its just for those events.

    ReplyDelete