Saturday, December 18, 2010

Being one - Body & Soul

December 12 – Body Integration This year, when did you feel the most integrated with your body? Did you have a moment where there wasn’t mind and body, but simply a cohesive YOU, alive and present? (Author: Patrick Reynolds)

It was my mother's 50th birthday. My sister and I had prepared a song, For Good from the musical Wicked. When we got to the party location, they were not able to play the CD (how they weren't able to, I will never figure out). So I noticed that there was a Karaoke machine. For those who are reading this and don't know me, I LOVE KARAOKE. I live for it. I checked out their song listing, and I found my favorite song  - Somebody to Love by Queen. My mother has heard me sing growing up but she never believed that I could ACTUALLY sing. "oh, Krystle thinks she can sing," was the usual thought that left my mothers mouth. I went ahead and belted my heart out. It felt SO good and I knew that was the night my mother's opinion of my singing had changed. It was the night  I convinced her that I can really do it. Auditioning for American Idol became a topic of conversation for the days to follow. It may have been my mothers birthday but this event was definitely a present for me as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment