Thursday, December 23, 2010

Heal and be Healed.

December 19 – Healing. What healed you this year? Was it sudden, or a drip-by-drip evolution? How would you like to be healed in 2011? (Author: Leonie Allan)

What healed me this year happened on Dec. 1. Dashboard Confessional was playing at the National and one of my friends who I had not seen in over a year said that it was a show that I HAD to go to. He was going to be in Richmond for the show and there was no excuse for me not to be there. This year was the 10 year anniversary of the Swiss Army Romance, so he was going to be playing that record in its entirety. Also, Good Old War was playing, so all in all is was going to be a good show. My friend who I was meeting up with was a really good friend from when I used to work down at the Aquarium. We became instant friends and I often refer to him as my "gay husband." He's my soulmate; we just have the same taste in men :) . He has been sick for a while, so I make sure to check in with him from time to time. We're both busy people, so we dont get to see each other a whole bunch; honestly, there was no better person I could have been with during that set. Dashboard played all the older songs; the songs I would listen to during the times I thought my world had shattered. The days that I found out that some boy didn't love me anymore; the times when I thought life couldn't get any worse. It brought me back to a place where things were simpler; the pain still felt the same, but life was simpler. It made me homesick where all the people I cared about were. This set just put me in awe because it was just him and guitar and the music was perfect. I had not seen Dashboard since about 2005 or 2006, so it was just ... awesome. That night healed me because the music just spoke to me, just like it did when I was 17, but it had even more meaning that I was with one of my best friends, gushing over the music that was such a big part of both of us and we got to share this moment together. Its a night I wont be able to forget for a while.

How would I like to be healed in 2011? Probably in a metaphysical way. My spirit really isn't old, but something connected to me I feel is. I feel that either energy healing, or just tapping into my past more would really help me heal in the next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment