Monday, December 27, 2010

Automatic Joy. Coin Operated Boy.

December 27 – Ordinary Joy Our most profound joy is often experienced during ordinary moments. 
What was one of your most joyful ordinary moments this year? (Author: Brené Brown) 


Over the summer, I had gone to the DC area two days in a row from Richmond to see Amanda Palmer. She has been a musician that I have looked up to since I was 17. I even have a tattoo that was inspired by her song Ampersand. I had brought Rickey with me the first night and my friend Chris on the second night. The first night was in Bethesda, MD in an old theater. Rickey and I had gotten up their early, so we grabbed a bite to eat and I decided to write her a letter. I have never been fanatic about anyone, but Amanda is the exception. I just have the utmost respect for everything she does and plus shes an AWESOME person. After she performed on stage, she went out to the lobby to sign things and meet her fans. I handed her the letter and asked her to sign my ukulele.

The next night happened and she remembered me from the night before. This time the show was in DC at the 9:30 club. She was happy to see that I had come back for more. The show went really well and I was stoked that I got to see my favorite artist two days in a row.

We headed back to richmond after the show, but hit a ton of traffic. It took way too long to get home and I was exhausted when I got back to my apartment. I decided to hop on my computer right before bed, just to see if she said anything about the show. She did. I continued to look on here twitterfeed, and I saw something right before I went to bed:
"@ I just read the letter you gave me @ the ninja gig last night. thank you my darling"

I cried. 

No comments:

Post a Comment